Pages

Wednesday 23 November 2011

Get lashed

Perfecting the application of false lashes is laced with a magnitude of problems; glue not sticky enough, one side of the lash pinging off before you've properly placed the other and the sheer frustration of applying one lash perfectly before being mocked by the 2nd who will simply not adhere to your lid.

Like many girls I've walked this path on more than one occasion, ultimately leading to me giving up and not wasting my time or money. Now, this was until I got given a pair of Dainty Doll lashes (the Dainty Doll range is a make-up line designed by Nicola Roberts and predominately targeted at porcelain complexions). Even though I'm not really the target market for these falsies I really wanted to give them a whirl as they looked gorgeous (far from the overbearing lashes a la Jordan or the members of TOWIE).


As you can see the packaging is super cute (like the rest of the Dainty Doll range) and the lashes themselves are particularly delicate, perfect for accentuating what nature blessed you with, and not leaving looking like a drag queen.

If you take any word of advice from this blog let it be this - don't be fazed by the fact these lashes are brown. I wore mine with black mascara and you really could not tell the difference. The glue is also FANTASTIC (the Dainty Doll lash range was made by Eylure - one of the best lash manufacturers out there) and the impeccably high standards of Eylure are definitely reflected in these lashes - personally, I found them a lot easier to apply than the Girls Aloud lashes! Here's a pic of the lashes on:



Will I be buying these lashes again? Yes! Although I'm still tempted by the Shu Uemura ones... hmm!

No comments:

Post a Comment