Pages

Friday 17 February 2012

London Fashion Week - Day 1

Somerset House during LFW


Oh wow where do I begin? As we all know, today marked the beginning of London Fashion Week. I was attending the Rimmel Glam Blogger's suite with work, but before it opened I took a walk around Somerset House to soak up the atmosphere. The buzz around LFW really is like nothing else; everyone looked insanely cool with most of the attendees attempting to walk in their super high heels on the cobbled streets. Within the space of 5 minutes I celeb-spotted Lisa Snowdon in a very tight dress, Louise Redknapp who is very, very pretty (and VERY skinny in real life) and X-Factor z-list Kitty dressed very much like her hero Gaga. I managed to drag myself away from Somerset House to meet up with the lovely Glam Girls to check out the Rimmel/Glam suite!

The gorgeous Rimmel Glam Suite

Held in the gorgeous One Aldwych hotel just across the street from Somerset House I met lots of lovely bloggers and got to drink a lot of champagne! The suite was decked out beautifully and is the perfect place to grab a quiet 15 minutes in the chaos that is LFW.

Loving life right about now!

As I thought things really couldn't get much better, I got invited to the Jena Theo show in the Embankment Show Space. The looks from the show were really accessible centring around skinny grey, black and stone washed jeans, black and white loose-fitting tops and wet look peep toe wedges.

Jena Theo Heavy Metal A/W 2012 Collection

I paid special attention to the hair and makeup so I could report back, and if the look showcased at Jena Theo is anything to go by wet-look high pony tails and highly metallic nails are going to be massive this A/W.

Jena Theo invite - I'll always treasure it!

I'm heading back to the suite on Sunday so hopefully I'll see some of you there - and possibly even attend some more shows! I don't think I'd be exaggerating to say today was one of the best days of my life - here's to more fantastic experiences at London Fashion Week!

xoxo

3 comments:

  1. ohh sounds like an amazing day! Have a great time on Sunday! Definitely something I'd love to experience one day

    Marie x

    marieeeloves.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. it was - i woke up super early this morning as i'm still on a bit of a high! feel like a very, very lucky lady :) xo

    ReplyDelete